Nationwide Help – Licensed in Texas & New York*
The Willis Law Firm is based in Houston, Texas with a strong national presence and recognition. With over 34 years of personal injury experience, Mr. Willis has gained a national reputation as a leading personal injury lawyer in the United States. Attorney David P. Willis is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Willis and his Texas-based law firm specialize in the prosecution of serious injury and death cases involving product liability in the following areas:
- Medical Helicopter Crashes
- Commercial Aviation Accidents
- Tour Helicopter Crash Cases
- General Aviation Accidents
- Air Ambulance Crashes
- Medivac Crashes
- Fire Fighting Helicopter Crashes
- Offshore Oil Platform Transport Accidents
- Commercial and Charter Airline Accidents
- Defective Parts and Products Litigation
- Offshore and Maritime Accidents
- Serious Injury and Negligence Cases
- Maritime Injuries (Jones Act)
- Construction Accidents
- Refinery Explosions
- Gross Negligence Lawsuits
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Mr. Willis also represents clients and families of individuals who have suffered from nerve damage, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, paraplegia, quadriplegia, traumatic brain injuries, anoxic brain damage, burns, lung damage, heart damage, and wrongful death against foreign and domestic chemical companies, product manufacturers, businesses and other corporate entities.
Mr. Willis and his personal injury law firm are committed to representing seriously injured people and their families. Mr. Willis was born and raised in Texas. He graduated from Baylor University in 1978 and then went on to graduate from the South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas in 1982. Mr. Willis served as a Briefing Attorney on the Supreme Court of Texas for the Honorable Robert M.Campbell in Austin, Texas until 1984 – when he began to practice plaintiff’s personal injury law in Houston. In 1992, Mr. Willis founded Willis & Associates, a personal injury law firm with heavy emphasis in products liability and industrial litigation.
* In 2005 Mr. Willis became licensed by the New York State Bar Association. Mr. Willis has his principal office in Houston, Texas.
Mr. Willis’ educational, career and legal background include:
- Baylor University (BA 1978)
- South Texas College of Law (JD 1982)
- State Bar of Texas (Admitted to Bar in 1983)
- New York State Bar (Admitted in 2005)*
- Supreme Court of Texas – Briefing Attorney (1983-84)
- Vice President – Harris County Bar Association (1984-85)
- Board Certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer (Since 1988)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Since 1988)
- Texas Bar Foundation (Member since 1996)
- Awarded the Steven J Sharp Public Service Award 2001
- United States Patent Holder
Mr. Willis has the distinction of being Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1988. This legal certification by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization identifies an attorney who has been recognized as having extensive knowledge and actual experience trying a prescribed number of personal injury cases to a jury verdict. In order to be Board Certified, Mr. Willis had to pass strict testing and qualification requirements to demonstrate his knowledge of the law of evidence, procedure and other areas of substantive law in the trial of civil cases. Less than 2% of all Texas attorneys have earned this important certification in Personal Injury Trial Law.
In 1997, Mr. Willis was involved in one of the nation’s first Firestone ATX Radial Tread / Belt Separation and Ford Explorer rollover cases which occurred in Texas. A products liability lawsuit was filed in 1998 against Ford and Firestone due to the Ford Explorer going out of control and rolling after the back left Firestone ATX radial tire’s tread came off. After a long battle with Ford and Firestone a very significant confidential settlement was reached by all parties. On July 17, 2001 Mr. Willis was recognized as one of a very select group of products liability attorneys in the nation and was awarded the prestigious Steven J. Sharp Public Service Award for his contributions in investigating and gathering evidence pertaining to tire belt separation and vehicle rollovers in Firestone Tire and Ford Explorer Cases. The efforts by these selected attorneys and others helped lead to the largest recall in U.S. history. This award was presented to Mr. Willis by the President of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America.
- “My firm is committed to representing individuals and families who have been the victims of a wrongful death or serious personal injury. Although monetary compensation cannot heal the emotional and physical scars left as the result of a serious accident, it can help in many cases to relieve much of the economic stress and hardship associated with the injury or loss of a loved one. Many times it is the only means of support and future security for the injured individual and their family. Litigation may not bring back a loved one, or heal a serious injury, but it may serve to help prevent others from having to endure the same loss.”
David P. Willis
Contact a Helicopter Crash Lawyer
If you have been injured or a loved one has been killed in a helicopter crash, then call us 24/7 for an immediate consultation to discuss the details of the accident and learn what we can do to help protect your legal rights. Whether the accident was caused by negligence on the part of the helicopter owner, hospital or corporation, the manufacturer or due to lack of training, poor maintenance, pilot or operator error, tail rotor failure, sudden loss of power, defective electronics or engine failure or flying in bad weather conditions, we can investigate the case and provide you the answers you need. Call Toll Free 1-800-883-9858 and talk to a Board Certified Trial Lawyer with over 30 years of legal experience or fill out our online form by clicking below: